Ambiance & Meaning

Life and dreams seem oddly imbued with ambiance, pathos and meaning. Whatever they happen to be at the time.

I had the oddest dream of walking in an area of town that was close to where I had grown up. A chill in the air, snow on the ground and the various store fronts and wooden buildings gave the whole place a Christmas postcard glow. As I was walking, I abruptly changed perspective and took a very close look at a small part of a door in the distance. Miraculously and surprisingly, I was able to ratchet it closer and closer.

Have you ever taken a look at a picture in a glossy magazine through a microscope?

Dots, small patches of color on a glaringly white background. Like little daubs of paint on a canvas making up the whole picture. As though the buildings I was looking at weren't really there, just painted onto some larger than life stark white canvas.

Naturally, it ruined the ambiance and I woke up.