What is that Buzzing?

Just a few days before my birthday I had the most bizarre sexual experience of my life. If I hadn't been obsessed with esoteric yogic ideas I would have made something completely different out of it. In yogic circles it is considered the prelude to Samadhi and Enlightenment.

Unfortunately my fingers could not hold the trapeze and I fell off.

An ordinary person might think of it as sex with God - it is that powerful and exhausting.

Kundalini lies coiled around the base of the spine like a serpent, and can be roused to stand erect with the head in the center of the brain.

This experience is one of the goals of Yoga and it can be enlightening, devastating or simply frightening and exhausting.

I have heard horror stories about some people who raise it and have severe problems, but it's not the kind of problem that you can go to the doctor with because they don't believe in it.

I didn't really believe in it either. Like most people I don't believe just because someone told me.

But something started slithering up my back during sitting meditation.

A couple of nights later, I had done my normal meditation and lay down before drifting off to sleep. My mind was unusually calm and I was able to relax my normal mental conversation and become quiet. Then I felt something at the base of my spine that felt erotic. I tried to feel it move back and forth. Something locked in the coccyx. I worked with it.

Something warmly sexual and vibrating emerged.

Imagine a big lumbering bumble bee; deeply throbbing and buzzing, beginning to ascend your spine as you lay relaxed. It is sexual; so sexual you can feel yourself becoming aroused and as you are about to burst forth a deeper feeling hits you and you drop; feel yourself drop through the floor and start to move towards your head.

It was one bizarre all engulfing sensation after another. I panicked and was afraid of fatal consequences. It was that scary; my heart raced.

After the experience, I felt weak and utterly limp, as though my whole body had done things I could never physically do. I slept and was thankful to be alive and uninjured the next morning.

u3C