possibly enlightenment

Enlightenment means different things to different people. Naturally, in pursuit of mystical goals it is not the French Enlightenment or intellectual enlightenment. Mystical enlightenment is also difficult to talk about or define, although it can be a personal goal.

According to the original Taoist text the way or path you can talk about isn't the Way.

I happened to become involved in Hindu mysticism some years ago which is from a different culture than the Midwestern American one that I came from.

Hinduism is a complex mixture of Gods and Beliefs: eccentric and all encompassing at the same time; entirely unknowable especially for a westerner who speaks no Hindi.

It also has a long tradition of Yoga and Mystical practice which I was fortunate enough to come into contact with in a personal and life changing way. At the same time I was influenced personally by friends who were involved in Buddhist and Taoist thought.

Hindu mysticism involves a kind of spiritual physiology: Spiritual Eye, Thousand Petal Lotus and all the Chakras that descend down the spine to the power located at the base.

You may ask if this is just wacko weird stuff, but when you work on it long enough and intently enough it can surprise you with its reality.

Now that I look back I wonder why this strange stuff happened to me. But I think I stumbled onto a genuine mystic, and he was of all things a retired auto-executive.

He cautioned everyone at the initiation that these things are kept secret because people have been persecuted for talking about them in public.

If you have read any western history you know about the love of the torch and the bon-fire; but this is the internet age and anyone should have the option of experiencing a greater psychic depth; bon-fires not withstanding.

Enlightenment is an approach to something that subsumes someone in a love and joy, sense of service and responsibility that transcends the goals normally associated with the good life. Not to disparage my Buddhist friends, but I don’t think it snuffs anything out.

I do however have to insert the disclaimer that I never made it into the embrace of that something special which I sought.



u3C